Come Work With Decision Desk HQ
You follow us for the fastest election night results but now is your chance to join our team. We’re looking for a few great election nerds to join us as Election Data Fellows.Â You can apply on our Linkedin Page.
Fellow Job Description:Â
Decision Desk HQ (DDHQ), a leading election results reporting firm, is seeking Fellows to assist in election operations through the 2021-2022 election cycle.Â
Applicants will be involved in a variety of different operations at DDHQ throughout the term of their Fellowship: helping to develop or manage DDHQ electoral forecasts, data analysis, crafting online and newsletter editorial, mapping, analysis for race calls, and much more. Have an idea for a killer election product? Come develop it with us. We’ll match what you’re good at with what you enjoy and what we need.Â Â
This position is ideal for graduate students and election junkies alike.Â We are accepting applicants on a rolling basis through 2021.
- Must be able to learn quickly and juggle multiple projects with moving deadlines.
- Must have strong analytical skills and written communication ability.
- Must have killer Excel skills and competency in PowerPoint.
- Experience with political campaigns, non-profit fundraising campaigns and business startups a plus but not required
- Experience with computer programming – especially R or python – is a plus.
- Above all, must love politics and elections, and have the knowledge base and enthusiasm to prove it.
Fellows with DDHQ are compensated based on experience and time commitment.Â Â
Decision Desk HQ is a team of election nerds, politics lovers, and data science experts drawn from dozens of different disciplines and backgrounds. Since its founding in 2012, DDHQ has been at the forefront of election night reporting and results coverage. DDHQ provides election results to dozens of different clients, including media outlets like Vox and the Economist. Our reach is constantly expanding. During the 2020 election, DDHQ was one of only 7 media outlets approved by Twitter to provide official race calls, alongside the Associated Press and TV networks.
We’re based in the D.C. area but the job can be done remotely from anywhere around the country.
If this sounds like your dream job, then we want to hear from you. Apply on our Linkedin page.